Channel Islands Rehab is the #1 recovery center in Ventura with high-end infrastructure, experienced clinical and non-clinical staff team, and life-changing treatment programs. We use highly effective modalities such as cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy to help our patients overcome addiction.
How does CBT prevent relapse in patients?
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the many evidence-based modalities that we use to address problematic thoughts and feelings in patients. Our therapists use CBT to increase awareness in recovering addicts and make them understand how their thoughts, feelings, and emotions impact their recovery.
While automatic negative thoughts can trigger the use of drugs and alcohol in recovering addicts, we use CBT to help patients get rid of false beliefs and insecurities. CBT also helps us equip patients with self-help tools to improve their moods. Furthermore, we use CBT to teach effective communication and interpersonal skills in recovering addicts. Cognitive-behavioral therapy trains individuals to overcome triggers in the following ways:
- Recognize and identify the circumstances that trigger the use of drugs or alcohol
- Avoid triggering situations, events, and people whenever possible
- Use coping techniques and defense mechanisms to alleviate negative emotions and stressful situations
We offer CBT therapy regularly to all our recovering addicts and encourage them to practice the exercises on their own after rehab treatment. CBT, along with counseling, medical detox, and support group sessions, offer a rewarding outcome in recovering addicts.
Dialectical behavioral therapy for recovery from addiction
At our recovery center in Ventura, we use DBT to teach effective communication, interpersonal skills, coping techniques, and other important qualities to recovering addicts. Besides, we use DBT to treat a number of mental illnesses along with addiction, such as borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety, and depression.
DBT plays a pivotal role in equipping patients with confidence and coping skills to handle triggering situations effectively. It also reduces the instances of intense emotional outbursts in individuals and reduces the risk of relapse significantly.
Effective dialectical behavioral therapy techniques
We use dialectical behavior therapy to treat co-occurring mental disorders in patients suffering from substance abuse. Some of the DBT techniques that we use include:
- Skills training - Our therapists teach communication and coping skills that patients can apply in their daily activities and social interactions. We equip recovering addicts with mindfulness, emotional stability, and stress management during these sessions.
- Individual therapy - In these sessions, we teach recovering addicts as to how they can apply DBT techniques in real-life situations. We customize the training according to the patient's personality to create a strong impact.
- Phone coaching - We encourage our recovering addicts to call our therapists whenever they are in the middle of a crisis or emotional distress. Our therapists offer counseling support to our recovering addicts and help them cope with stress.
Speak to one of our treatment specialists at Channel Islands Rehab to seek help for addiction. We are one of the few treatment facilities in California to offer life-transforming addiction treatment at affordable prices. We are a dedicated recovery center in Ventura for drug and alcohol addiction.Recovery Center Ventura